Error messages on computers and printers can detect something wrong with either of these devices. When it comes to computer printers, error messages are straightforward. Still, it can have multiple reasons behind the error, and you have to hit the right reason to fix the error. A common issue with HP printers is the error processing command printer problem.
If you are an HP printer user, then you might have witnessed this issue at least once. This error message practically appears due to mainly a corrupted system file, according to Printer Repairs Dubai experts. On the other hand, it can be a system registry that has got fragmented.
Whatever the cause is, you have to fix this error processing command primer issue in the first place. Otherwise, you can’t initiate the printing. This is a software glitch, so it will be easier to deal with.
Let’s see how you can address the error processing command printer problem with the following tricks.
1. Quit All Printer Tasks
The print spooler service decides what your printer will print next. Overloaded tasks on your print spooler can lead to a temporary glitch. So, you have to find a solution by clearing the print spooler.
Here’s how you can quit printing jobs or restart the print spooler service:
- Press the R and the Windows keys at the same time. This will open up a Run prompt on your screen.
- Now, type ‘services.msc’ inside the Run box. Then, click on the OK option.
- Under the Services window, you have to locate the Print Spooler service. Right-click the Print Spooler service.
- From the pop-up menu, choose the Stop option. This cancels out all the existing printing operations on your printer.
- Wait for a while and right-click on the Print Spooler service again. This time, you have to select the Start option from the pop-up menu.
- Close the window. After that, you have to explore the Control Panel. Switch to View By option to Large icons.
- Go for the Devices and Printer section. Choose the printing device that is troubling you currently. If you find any pending documents to print, delete them after selecting them.
Finally, you can quit all windows on the computer. Give your Windows PC a quick restart and connect to your printer. Check if this trick eliminates the error processing command printer trouble.
2. Ditch the Faulty Cable
Have you connected your printer to the computer via a cable? Are you 100% sure that the cable is OK? If not, it can be the defective cable that might be causing the error processing command printer issue. According to the professionals at Printer Repairs Dubai, if it’s the cable that is responsible for all this menace, you have to replace the cable.
Check the computer printer connection carefully. There can be broken connections, smashed cables, and other discrepancies. Observe the cable sincerely and discard it if you think that it’s the main culprit. Change the cable immediately and prepare your printer for a print test. If everything goes well, then the error processing command printer issue would have gone away.
3. Work on Printer Drivers
If the error processing command printer hasn’t found a solution till now, then you might have to take a look at your printer drivers. Such stubborn issues generally arise from printer drivers’ errors. If you want a quick solution, then you have to reinstall the printer drivers.
In case you are a newbie, this detailed guide will help you:
- Go to the Control Panel. Change the View By option to Large icons.
- Select the Devices and Printers option. Locate the printer that has the error processing command printer problem—Right-click on the printer name.
- From the pop-up menu, choose the Remove Device option.
- Make sure that you have successfully removed the printer or uninstalled it.
- Give your PC a quick reboot. Afterwards, connect the printer to your computer. Your computer should detect the printer automatically and start the reinstallation process. If it doesn’t, unplug the printer and attach it back.
If the previous method didn’t work for you, then you can go for an alternative task. Here’s what you should do to eradicate the error processing command printer issue.
- Reach Programs and Features. Choose your printer and uninstall it. Click on it to uninstall the printer from your computer.
- After you have uninstalled the device, locate the same printer under Devices and Printers from the Control Panel. Right-click your printer and go for the Remove Device option.
- After that, you need to explore the Run box by pressing the Windows and R keys simultaneously. Type “printui.exe/s” and press Enter.
- This explores the Printer Server Properties window. Go to the tab named Drivers.
- Look for your printer’s drivers. Click them and go to the Remove option. Then, click on OK.
- Now, go to Apply followed by OK and close the window.
- After that, you have to go to the dedicated website of your printer manufacturer.
- Check if there’s any updated driver available for your printer. If yes, then install the updated driver for your printer.
Now, your printer should be ready to give out printed papers. Proceed with a print test if it works.
4. Repair the Registry
Well, this method is not for everyone. According to Printer Repairs Dubai, you should have a Windows bootable disk to repair the Registry. If yes, then you can go with this method to solve the error processing command printer issue.
- Press the Windows and I keys to explore Settings.
- Go on the Updates & Security section. Under the Recovery tab, choose Advanced Startup. Then, click on the Restart Now option.
- Go for the Troubleshoot option, under the Choose an Option screen. Opt for Automated Repair.
- Make sure that you sign in with the right account. The automated repair might take a while.
- Don’t freak out if your PC keeps restarting every now and then, during the process.
When the process completes, check if the error processing command printer issue still persists.
What if Nothing Works….
You can try installing trusted antivirus software on your computer. Users have confirmed that the error processing command printer problem did vanish after they went for an antivirus installation. So, you can give it a try.
There are tons of reliable software in the market that can easily help you. If none of the above-mentioned tricks works for you, you should go ahead and contact a printer repair expert.