The printer stopped working? This is not an uncommon scenario for those who operate printers day and night. Everyday wear and tear can invite unexpected troubles if you own an Epson printer. Epson printers generally come with the error code 0x9A when it stops working. There are diverse Epson printer variants such as WF-4630, WF-7610, WF-3640, etc., that have shown the same issue Epson printer error code 0x9A.
Printer Repairs Dubai experts recommend downloading a patch to fix the Epson printer error code 0x9A. However, if you don’t want to go with third-party solutions and try some hacks instead, here is the easiest way possible.
The problem with this specific error is that it appears suddenly, without any prior notification. Yet, Epson printer error code 0x9A isn’t that difficult to get rid of. Go through the following troubleshooting tips to recover your Epson printer from this error.
Take a Look at the Printer’s Hygiene
In other words, a dirty printer or jammed printer can easily catch up with problems. And, you can experience the Epson printer error code 0x9A. So, you should clean your Epson printer, and it’s an important task.
Here’s how you can divide the entire cleaning regime into small steps. Let’s get started.
- Before you proceed to any cleaning step, you need to make sure to cancel all the printing tasks. There should be no printing task left in the print queue.
- Once you are sure about it, you have to open up the front cover of the printer. If you are unsure regarding the opening mechanism, go through the user manual.
- Take a look inside your Epson printer. Carefully inspect every nook and corner of the printer. There might be dirt, debris, pins, paper scraps, staple pins, or anything else. Nothing should escape your vision. Remove them from your printer.
- Don’t forget to check out the output tray and the sheet feeder. Dust and debris stuck in the output tray can result in Epson printer error code 0x9A, according to Printer Repairs Dubai specialists.
- Now, you can press the Start button to initiate the printing task again. If the printer display shows the same error again, then shut down your printer.
- Open up the scanner lid and inspect the area to find out if there are any pieces of paper. Paper jam inside the scanner can trouble you.
- Close the scanner lid, and you can now turn on the printer.
- After that, you should load the printing papers on your printer.
Hopefully, the above steps are helpful enough to resolve the Epson printer error code 0x9A. Take a test printout to confirm that your Epson printer is working fine. The printer should not display the error code 0x9A anymore.
Users have reported that they were able to eliminate the Epson printer error code 0x9A after cleaning the clogged printhead. The interesting fact regarding cleaning the printheads is that you need not be tech-savvy to fix the issue.
Here’s how you can easily clean the clogged printhead. Just keep the user manual handy as diverse printer variants might vary in configuration.
- Disconnect your printer from your computer or any other device. This applies to the wireless connection, as well. Once you have disconnected the printer, unplug the power cable.
- Open the front casing of your Epson printer.
- Get a clean piece of cloth, preferably microfiber. Fold it so that it can reach the printheads and their spaces. It will be better if you soak the cloth with a liquid that comprises ammonia.
- You can go for special wipes for cleaning the printhead as well. However, don’t forget to wipe the printhead.
- When you are done cleaning the printhead of your Epson printer, you can’t use your printer immediately. Give your printer a rest of at least 12 hours.
Meanwhile, the liquid will get dry. After 12 hours, you can check whether the Epson printer error 0x9A has been solved.
Work on the Encoder Strip
According to the Printer Repairs Dubai, dirty encoder strips can lead to the Epson printer error code 0x9A. Well, the encoder strip is made of plastic, and the printer carriage uses it for the right speed and position. Messy encoder strips are enough for your printer glitches. Fortunately, it’s not that complicated to clean the encoder strip.
- Deactivate and detach your printer from devices and power supply if active.
- Remove its top casing and locate the encoder strip. Now, get a clean cloth and soak it into a printer-specialised solution.
- Lift the strip from the left side carefully. Now, gently wipe the strip with the soaked cloth.
- Make sure that you don’t miss any part of the strip.
- The ink solution should not drip from the strip. Or else, it can damage the counterparts of the printer. Use a dry cloth to remove the excess cleaning solution from the encoder strip.
While cleaning the encoder strip, you should not rub or wipe the encoder strip. In addition to this, you should not pull the strip unnecessarily.
Reset Might Help…
Printer Repairs Dubai professionals suggest a reset if nothing is working to fix the Epson printer error code 0x9A. Shut the printer down and remove the power cable. Let it rest for 5 minutes, and then press the Power button. Hold the Power button for a while until the printer shuts down. Again, plug in the power cable and hold the Power button.
When the printer starts, it might show you ‘FW Update Mode’. It indicates a Firmware update, and you should go for an update. A progress bar will show up. It will vanish once the update gets completed.
Tap the Finished option and press the OK button. It will turn off the printer. After that, press the Stop and Left Arrow button. Now, you can press the home button to get to the main menu. Hopefully, the Epson printer error code 0x9A has disappeared from the printer display.