The users are very familiar with the Canon Printer Error 6000. It is a common error that appears quite frequently. Whenever the users try to print any document, they witness the error. After strong observation, it has been concluded that paper jams are behind this error. Some other possible causes can be ink cartridge holder, paper feed tray, printer driver issue, connection problem etc.
Over here, we will discuss the most important fixes, as suggested by Printer Repairs Dubai experts, that will resolve the issue. All the points are explained in detail.
Fixes of Canon Printer Error Code 6000
There are some hacks that you can follow to solve the problem. These hacks have helped many users. The steps are explained perfectly by Printer Repairs Dubai. Thus, you won’t face any difficulties following them. They are given below:
Restart or Reset the Printer
You can go either by resetting the printer or by restarting the printer. In both ways, it will help you to fix the problem error 6000. The steps are given below to help you out:
- The first thing that you need to do is to unplug the Printer from the Power button. Then, in Pause mode, you need to leave the printer at least for a few seconds.
- After that, you need to turn on the printer by putting the power cord into the plug.
- Now, press the Power button for some time to start the function.
- You need to press the Stop button twice. And, again repeat the above procedure, but this time you have to release the Power button.
- Last but not least, you need to press the Stop button 4 times.
- After completing the process see if the problem is solved or not.
Get Rid of the Paper Jams
Often it has been seen that due to paper jams the error 6000 is appearing. In such situations, you need to get rid of the paper jams. The following steps will direct you how:
- First, open the entry point. Pull out the paper in between the rollers.
- If you find it difficult to pull out the paper, you can go for other steps.
- From the display, you need to select the Menu option, and then search for the Service mode.
- Now, you can easily pull out the paper as it is in Service mode, thus the roller space will increase.
Clear the Blockage and Clean the Rollers
Due to some obstacles, your printer may malfunction and the error 6000 can appear. The following steps will help you out:
- After turning on the printer the first thing that you need to do is to put it into Service mode.
- Now, open the entry door of the printer and remove the obstacle.
- You can also use a cotton cloth and 10% alcohol to clean the roller.
- Finally, after cleaning, reinstall the roller and restart the printer.
- You can also test if it is working or not by printing any document.
The Driver needs to be Updated
The error 6000 can be fixed, if you update the device driver. In many cases, it has been very helpful. The steps are given below:
- First, you need to click on the Start menu. Then, type Device Manager. The Device Manager display box will appear in front of you.
- Now, expand the Network Adapter and select the device you want. Then, right-click on the Device icon.
- Click on the Update Driver option, and then select the Search Automatically For Updated Driver Software option.
- Lastly, to confirm, you need to select the Ok button and wait for a few minutes. Turn on your device and check if the error 6000 is fixed or not.
Insert Proper Paper
Often it has been seen that the error 6000 has a harmful effect in scanning the paper. The steps are given below to fix the problem:
- You need to select the Printer Window and select the Preferences.
- Then, you need to choose the Printer Properties option followed by Advanced.
- The Advanced Properties window dialog box will appear in front of you. You need to select the paper size to set the new custom size.
Install the Printer
If there is an installation problem, then it results in error 6000. This may lead to connection failure with other devices. So, find out whether the printer is installed properly or not.
- At first, you need to go to the Start button and choose the Setting option.
- Then, go to the Device option followed by the Printers And Scanners Section for your printer.
- If you are unable to find your printer choose the Add A Printer Or Scanner option.
- Now, give it some time. After that, you will see that your system has detected the printer. Then, turn on the printer and connect it properly.
In the above section, we have mentioned some specific points. You won’t face any problem while following the methods. Hopefully, this will help you to fix the issue. Otherwise, you can always opt for Printer Repairs Dubai experts intervention.