Whether it’s home, school, office, or commercial places, Canaan printers demand durable usage. Printers are really appreciable as paperwork is reduced to a great extent. However, this doesn’t mean that they don’t develop glitches. One of the most common Canon printer troubles is the Canon printer error 5200.
This error displays on the printer due to cartridge incompatibility mainly, suggested by the experts at Printer Repairs Dubai. If your Canon printer is low on ink or you are using defective ink cartridges, then your Canon printer will come up with this issue. In addition to cartridge issues, Canon printer error 5200 can appear when there is something wrong with the logic board of your Canon printer.
You might notice that your Canon printer is not printing in black. However, the manufacturer designs printers to print in black, even if the black ink refill is empty. Canon printers are designed to use all the remaining coloured inks to produce the black ink and print by using it.
If it’s still not working and you are witnessing the Canon printer error 5200 when there is plenty of ink, then you have to resolve it. Here are some tried and tested hacks to eliminate Canon printer error 5200.
Start with Checking the Cartridges
Whether you are using cartridge-based Canon printers or ink-tank ones, both can show up the same Canon printer error 5200. The prime reason behind this warning is that the printer might be low on ink. Hence, check the printer cartridges just when you are about to refill the cartridges.
In case the cartridges need to be replaced, then replace them. If it’s an ink-tank printer, then refill the ink. Don’t miss any inks, including the coloured and black ones. After you’re done with replacing cartridges or refilling the toner, check if the Canon printer error 520 persists.
Clean the Cartridges
A handful of users noticed that their Canon printers had enough ink and still displayed the Canon printer error 5200. Experts from Printer Repairs Dubai said that it could be due to a messy printhead of the cartridges. So, take some time to sneak into your Canon printer and check out what’s going on inside. Here’s how you can do it.
- Don’t forget to carry your Canon printer’s user manual to get help while opening the case and cartridges. Now, detach the power cable of the printer from the power outlet.
- Open the casing and remove the printer’s ink cartridge.
- Take a clean cloth and dip it into an ammonia-based solution. Use the cloth to clean the heads of the ink cartridges.
- Make sure that the cartridges are dry enough. The cleaning solution should not drip from the ink cartridges. If this is the case, then use a paper towel to absorb all the excess liquid.
- Now, you can put the cartridges back into the printer.
Turn on and connect the printer to any reliable device. Check if the Canon printer error 5200 has disappeared, and you can print again.
Restart your Canon Printer
Canon printer error 5200 might appear stubborn, especially when you have done everything regarding the ink cartridge. Still, the issue doesn’t seem to be resolved. Users of Canon Pixma MX432, MX439, etc., variants have claimed that a quick restart can help you if you’re suffering from Canon printer error 5200.
Here’s the quick process to give your Canon printer a reboot.
- When the printer is still on, discard all the printing jobs.
- Now, turn off the printer by pressing the Power or On button.
- After the printer turns off, you have to detach the power plug from the printer or the power supply. Wait for a couple of minutes.
- You can insert the power plug into the power supply and printer. Turn the printer on and let it work on its initials.
After a quick restart, you can check your Canon printer. If the error message still appears, proceed to the final hack.
Reset the Canon Printer
A few users have claimed that the above-mentioned methods were a total flop in their cases. If you’re one of them, then there are chances that your printer might have produced a critical glitch. And, only a factory reset can help your printer get back into productivity. Here’s how you can reset the Canon printer:
- If your printer is on, you need to shut it down. Hold the Stop or Reset button afterwards.
- Press and hold the Power button for a while. Make sure that you have released the Stop or Reset button before holding the Power button.
- You need to press the Reset or Stop button twice in a row without releasing the Power button.
- Now, you can release the Power button.
- Wait until the idle message appears on the printer display. It might take longer than you think, so don’t lose patience.
- Once the idle message comes up on the printer display, remove the printer cover to look at the cartridges.
- Remove both the black and colour ink cartridges. Put the cover back to your printer.
- Turn off the Canon printer and wait for a few minutes. Now, you can turn the printer on.
When the printer is ready to work, remove the printer cover and adjust the ink cartridges back into their exact positions.
Seek Expert Intervention if Nothing Works….
If you find that no hack is useful to eradicate the Canon printer error 5200, then you can hire a technician. Printer Repairs Dubai can easily solve printer menaces. If none of the above-mentioned steps works for your Canon printer, go for technical support.